ERIS experts can advise election management bodies on:
• pre-election planning
• electoral laws
• gender and elections
• prevention of election-related violence
• civic and voter education
• voter registration
• political parties
• civil society
• election day management
• resolution of electoral disputes.
We can also provide experts to help strengthen other democratic institutions and:
• work with civil society to promote citizens’ election observation and the accountability of parliamentarians;
• help the media to play its part in building democracy;
• assist community-based grass-roots organisations in promoting participation in general and of disadvantaged groups in particular; and
• work with NGOs to help prevent election-related violence.
Looking for an Expert?
For more information on the experts ERIS can provide to election management bodies, development agencies, civil society organisations and others please contact us.
Opportunities for Experts
ERIS provides experts for organisations of all kinds, for example European Commission activities under:
- Lot 7 (Governance and Home Affairs)
- Lot 12 (Humanitarian Aid, Crisis Management and Post-Crisis Assistance)
Details of these and opportunities with other organisations - such as assessment missions for other bodies and work on our own projects - can be found here.
Information for Experts
ERIS produces a quarterly Consultants Newsletter and holds Task Group meetings bringing experts together to discuss key issues and ERIS activities. To receive the newsletter please contact Christopher Child on chris[at]eris.org.uk. Information on Task Groups will be announced on our News Page.